CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTIONS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS :
Latest Current affairs Questions and answers for Competitive Exams, current events are very important to gain knowledge. Here are the list of Current affairs Questions.
1.Which movie has won the best film award “Palme d’Or’ at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival? – Shoplifters
The Japanese family drama ‘Shoplifters’ has received the coveted award for best film, the Palme d’or, at the Cannes Film Festival on May 20, 2018.
2.which state government will launch the ‘Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana’ to ensure safety of girl students? – Haryana
The Haryana Government will launch the ‘Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana’ to ensure safety of girl students.
3. who has taken chrge as the new president of Hockey India (HI)? – Rajinder Sing
Rajinder Singh has taken charge as the new President of Hockey India (HI).
4. Deepak Joshi, who has been promoted to the FIH Promising List (Outdoor Hockey) umpires, is related to which state? – Uttarakhand
Deepak Joshi from India has been promoted to the FIH Promising List (Outdoor Hockey) umpired
5. which Indian iron ore mining company has bagged the 2018 S&P Global PLATTS Global Metals Award in CSR category in London? –National Mineral Development Corporation
The National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC Ltd) has bagged the S&P Global Platts Global Metals Award2018 in the corporate social responsibility category at London Grosvenor Square Marriott Hotel in the UK.
6. the 2018 BRICS ministerial on Environment has agreed to include which Indian societal movement in its official agenda? – Green Good Deeds
The 2018 BRICS ministerial on Environment at Durban, South Africa has agreed to include Indian societal movement “Green Good Deeds” in its official agenda in the next Ministerial in Brazil and another meeting in Russia.
7. the 2018 Venture Capital Symposium was organized by NITI Aayog to deepen the economic relationships between India and which country? – France
On may 18, the Venture Capital Symposium 2018 is organized by NITI Aayog in association with Vision India Foundation in New Delhi to deepen the economic relationships between France and India.
8. Rahjuvir Sing, who passed away recently, was the freedom fighter forms which district of Uttar Pradesh? – Muzaffarnagar
Raghuvir Singh (95), the lone freedom fighter of muzaffarnager district, has passed away in Noida, uttar Pradesh on May 19, 2018.
9. Which Bollywood personality has been honoured by European Union for strengthening Europe-India cultural ties? – Amitabh Bachchan
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been honoured by European Union for strengthening Europe-India cultural ties.
10. the Farakka Barrage is built across which river? – Ganga
The Farakka Barrage is built across Ganga River and located in Murshidabad district of West Bengal.
GK CURRENT AFFAIRS 2018 :
1. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of Lalit kala akademi? – Uttam Pacharne
Uttam Pachane, the noted artist and sculptor, has been appointed as the new Charirman of Lalit Kala Akademi by the President of India.
2. Which country hosted the 26th BASIC Miniterral Meeting on Climate change? – South Africa
The 26th BASIC Ministerial Meeting of Environment Ministers was held in Durban, South Africa
3. Prajnesh Gunneswaran, who has won the T.K. Ramanathan award for the year 2017-18, is associated with which sports? – Tennis
Davis Cup player Prajnesh Gunneswaran has won the prestigious T.K. Ramanathan award for the year2017-18 at the annual day function of the Tamil Nadu Tennis Association at SADAT tennis stadium on May 19, 2018.
4. Which IIT institute has established India’s first advisory Centre for Energy Regulation (CER)? – IIT Kanpur
IIT Kanpur has set up the India’s first advisory Centre for Energy Regulation (CER) with the help of Government of United Kingdom to strengthen policy and regulatory limitations in energy and power sector.
5. What is the India’s position in the world in terms of total wealth, as per AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review 2018? – 6th
According to the AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review, India is the 6th wealthiest country in the world with a total wealth of US $8,230.
6. Who has been appointed as the full time Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Coal India Limited? – Anil Kumar Jha
Anil kumar Jha has been appointed as chairman-cum-managing director (CMD) of Coal India Limited (CIL) till his superannuation i.e. January 31, 2020.
7. Who has won the 2018 Italian Open tennis tournament? – Rafael Nadal
In Tennis, Rafael Nadal has beaten defentding champion Alexander Zverev by 6-1, 1-6, 6-3 to Italian Open title for a record 8th time.
8. Which country’s hockey team has won the 5th Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2018? – South Korea
The Indian women’s Hockey team failed to defend its crown at the 5th Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2018, as it lost to hosts South Korea, 0-1 in the summit clash at the Sunrise Stadium in Donghae City on May
9. Bernard Lewis, who passed away recently, was associated with which field? – History
Bernard Lewis (101), the renowned Jewish-American historian, has passed away in New Jersey, United States on May 19, 2018.
10. Which country has launched the world’s first floating nuclear power station? – Russia
Russia has launched the world’s first floating nuclear power station “Akademik Lomonsov” at a ceremony in the pot of the far northem city of Mumansk, where it will be loaded with nuclear fuel before heading to eastern Siberia.
TOP 10 WEEKLY CURRENT AFFAIRS :
1. What is the theme of the 2018 international Bio-diversity Day (IBD)? – celebrating 25 years of Action for Biodiversity
The International Bio-diversity Day (IBD) is observed on 22nd May every year to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
2. Which eminent personality will chair the panel discussion on ‘Future of Governance’? – B.N. Srikrishna
Justice N N Srikrishna, who heads the high-level committee on framing new data protection norms for India, will chair a panel discussion of ‘Future of Governance’. Which is scheduled to be held on May 24.
3. Who is the newly elected President of Venezuela? – Nicolas Maduro
Nicloas Maduro Moro, the leftist leader and Venezuela’s President, has been re-elected to a second six-year term. Maduro hailed his win as a victory against imperialism, but his rival candidates have rejected the electoral process and called for new elections.
4. Which footballer has won the 2018 European golden shoe? – Lionel Messi
Lionel Messi, an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a forward for Spanish club Barcelone, has won the 2018 European Golden Shoe.
5. Which Indian charity has won the Charity clarity award for outstanding impact at the 3rd annual Asian Voice Charity Awards in London? – Jagriti Yatra
The Indian charity ‘Jagriti Yatra’ has won the Charity Clarity award for Outstanding Impact at the 3rd annual Asian Voice Charity Awards 2018 in London, United Kingdom on May 18.
6. What is the theme of the 2018 International Museum Day (IMD)? – Hyperconnected museums: new approaches, new publics
The International Museum Day (IMD) is observed every year on May 18 to raise awareness of the fact that. “Museums are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding, cooperation and peace among peoples”.
7. yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani, the veteran writer & novelist has passed away. She was associated with which literary language? – Telugu
Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani (78(, the veteran Telugu writer & novelist, has passed away at California, United States on May 21, 2018.
8. Which country is hosting the 71st World Health Assembly (WHA-2018)? – Switzerland
The 71st World Health Assembly (WHA-2018) has started in Geneva, Switzerland on May 21.
9. Which commodity exchange platform has launched India’s first options contract on copper futures? – Multi Commodity Exchange of India
The Multi commodity Exchange of India Ltd. (MCX) has launched the India’s first options contract on copper futures on May 21, 2018.
10. The Athirappilly Falls is located in which state?
The Athirappilly Falls is located across Chalakudy River in Thrissur district of kerala.